Matteo Palazzoli's Testimony (English)
Summary of Matteo Palazzoli's Testimony
- Matteo Palazzoli is a lawyer who shared office space with Paolo Brocchi who had testified previously about a break-in at their firm. See Paolo Brocchi's Testimony. Palazzoli was the lawyer who discovered the entry so he was called to testify and add details to Brocchi's Testimony.
- Palazzoli described that on Sunday October 14 2007 he decided to go to the office although he can not remember what motivated him to do so. Arriving he first noticed that the heat was set too high and that it was uncomfortably warm. He also noticed lights on and that items had been disturbed. He quickly went to survey the rest of the office and found the window had been broken, his computer was missing, and the files had been dumped on the floor. The burglar had also consumed an orange juice.
- Palazzoli was asked details about the stolen computer. All he could state was that it was a Sony Vaio with a white panel and a 16:9 screen that allowed for wide-angle viewing. He did not know the model number. Rudy Guede was discovered with a computer which it is assumed was the stolen computer but this has never been established because of a confusion in processing the seizure of the computer. The computer had been sent to Perugia but Palazzoli filed to have it returned in Milan.
- Palazzoli was asked if he ever recovered the computer and responded no explaining that when he filed a request to have it returned there was no record of it. The lawyer informed him that if he still wants it back he should file again with the Perugia police.
- Palazzoli was asked if he knew Rudy Guede and he responded that he did not. He had only heard of Guede with respect to the murder of Meredith.
- Palazzoli was asked if the burglar had used the bathroom to which he responded that he could not be certain but that he didn't think so.
Matteo Palazzoli's Testimony
Key to abbreviations GCM Giancarlo Massei Judge Presidente LM Luca Maori Sollecito defense lawyer Avvocato MP Matteo Palazzoli Witness being questioned Lawyer whose office was broken into MDG Maria Del Grosso Defense counsel for Amanda Knox Avvocato
The witness, admonished pursuant to Article 497 of the Criminal Procedure Code, reads the oath.
General information: Matteo Palazzoli, born in Umbertide, province of Perugia, October 9 1974, resident of Perugia.
There are no other questions; the witness is dismissed.