Daniele Moscatelli's Testimony
Summary of Daniele Moscatelli's Testimony
- Deputy superintendent Daniele Moscatelli arrived in Perugia from Rome with Dr. Edgardo Gioboi late afternoon November 2. He spent the rest of the night helping with statements.
- November 3rd Moscatelli went to Porto San Giorgio to verify the alibi of the boys who lived in the downstairs apartment of the cottage. The staged burglary indicated that the murder was committed by someone who had regular access to the cottage and one of the downstairs residents was dating Meredith. The boy's alibi was that they were away for the holiday so Moscatelli went to Porto San Giorgio to confirm the boys were there the night of the murder. They were so their alibi was confirmed. They could not have been involved
- November 4th Moscatelli helped with statements.
- November 5th Moscatelli assisted in the interrogation of Raffaele Sollecito. Moscatelli's testimony does not address the details of what Sollecito said but confirms that he was not mistreated or coerced. Moscatelli also recounts that a knife was confiscated from Raffaele's person. Sollecito again reiterated that he is a lover of guns and knives. At some point Raffaele crossed his legs and revealed the bottom of his running shoes. The running shoes had concentric circles like the bloody shoe prints at the cottage. The shoes were seized.
- November 6th around 3:30am Moscatelli was done with Raffaele Sollecito and was now assisting the group of officers attempting to locate Patrick Lumumba. Amanda Knox had told police that Lumumba had raped and murdered Meredith and on her word the police set out to arrest Patrick. Lumumba was located at his residence and was brought to the police station.
- November 6th 8am Raffaele Sollecito was arrested.
- November 7th Moscatelli participated in recovering evidence from the cottage. Specifically the collection of the clothing that was in the washing machine. The clothing was bagged and brought to the police station where Filomena Romanelli assisted the police by indicating which items of clothing belonged to which girls.
Daniele Moscatelli's Testimony in Italian
Key to abbreviations GCM Giancarlo Massei Judge Presidente GM Giuliano Mignini Prosecutor Pubblico Ministero DM Daniele Moscatelli Witness being questioned Deputy Superintendent of the State Police LM Luca Maori Sollecito defense lawyer Avvocato GB Giulia Bongiorno Sollecito defense lawyer Avvocato CDV Carlo Dalla Vedova Knox defense lawyer Avvocato LG Luciano Ghirga Knox defense lawyer Avvocato MC Manuela Comodi Prosecutor Pubblico Ministero CP Carlo Pacelli Lumumba civil lawyer Avvocato INT Intervention
IL TESTE, AMMONITO AI SENSI DELL'ART. 497 CODICE DI PROCEDURA PENALE, LEGGE LA FORMULA DI RITO.
GENERALITÀ: Vice Sovrintendente della Polizia di Stato Moscatelli Daniele, nato a Roma il 15 maggio 1972 e presto servizio presso il Servizio Centrale Operativo della Polizia di Stato.
PRESIDENTE – Prego Pubblico Ministero.
PUBBLICO MINISTERO – DR. MIGNINI
DIFESA – AVV. MAORI
DIFESA – AVV. BONGIORNO
DIFESA – AVV. DALLA VEDOVA
DIFESA – AVV. BONGIORNO
La Corte sospende l’udienza.
La Corte riprende l’udienza.